SaaS Financial Plan for Startups and SMB’s
I created the SaaS Financial Plan in Excel, so that SaaS startups and SMB’s could easily create their own financial forecast. Many Excel forecast models become very complex, but I created step-by-step instructions with links to input cells so you can easily create your first forecast.
I am constantly improving and updating the the model with more metrics, charts, and features. Please bookmark this page and check back for the latest version. I would love to hear your feedback.
Release versions are below with comments. You can download the latest SaaS Financial Plan below.
- Initial release
- Expanded CapEx forecasting to include book depreciation forecast and tax depreciation forecast.
- Expanded Revenue Inputs tab to include Field Services revenue, bookings and backlog forecast.
- P&L now includes a forecasted Services revenue line
- New charts include Cash Balance, Customer Counts, Services Backlog and Backlog in Months
- Small but major fix to pull in the correct cash amount. In row 63 on the Summary tab, I was not pulling in Services bookings into cash. Added this.
- Headcount model can forecast more than one position per row.
- Added CAC and customer acquistion costs on the Summary tab.
- Fixed the services burn formula on the Revenue Inputs tab.
- Added Charts – 1 Year tab.
- Added Saas Magic Number calculation to Summary tab.
- Fixed Services Burn formula on Revenue Inputs tab.
Please enter your valid email below (no spam) to download v1.31. I’ll keep you updated on future models.